You must have used wifi but have you ever imagined what is wifi and how it works. So, if you want the answers of these questions then this is the right place for you.
In this blog i have covered all basic questions like what is Lifi, differences between wifi and Lifi.
What is wifi ?
The full form of wifi is Wireless Fidelity. So, wifi is a wireless networking system through which various devices such as computers, laptops, mobiles can connect to the internet.
WiFi is mainly based on 802.11b IEEE Standard which is developed by IEEE.
What is LiFi ?
Lifi stands for Light Fidelity. Now, LiFi is also a wireless technology but it uses light for transmition of Data between various devices such as Mobiles, laptops, computers.
As LiFi uses light for transmition of data so it is much more faster than WiFi.
LiFi uses 802.15.7 IEEE Standard developed by IEEE(Institute of Electrical And Electronics Engineers).
Types of Wifi
There are mainly four types of WiFi available now which are as follows :
Difference Between Wi-Fi and Li-Fi
There could be many differences between Wi-Fi and Li-Fi but major of them are as follows
- Speed of WiFi ranges from 54-250 Mbps whereas speed range of LiFi is ranged from 1-3.5 Gbps.
- For a wifi connection a should be in the range of 20-100 meter whereas for lifi connection a should be in the range of 10 meters.
- Wi-Fi can be connected in multiple devices from a single(Point to Multipoint Network) whereas LiFi can only be connected to only one device from other device(Point to Point Network).
- Bandwidth of Wi-Fi is 2.4 GHz and bandwidth of Li-Fi is 100 times of tera Hz.
- Wi-Fi is based on 802.11b IEEE Standard whereas Li-Fi is based on 802.15.7 IEEE standard.
So, now i hope you have understood what is wifi, what is lifi, types of wifi and the what are the differences between Wi-Fi and Li-Fi.